We, The Black Sheep Agency, treat the protection of all of our travelers’ privacy very seriously.
We are a specialist tour operator with a focus on quality, who has developed a business based on the trust built between us and our travelers. This trust is vital when arranging holidays for people to some of the most remote corners of the earth, but it’s also very simply about understanding that we protect the privacy of anyone who books with us.
This policy explains the basis on which the personal data you provide us, or that we collect from you, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully so you have a full understanding of how we will treat your personal data, and please ask if anything isn’t clear.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect the following data:
- Information you provide us by filling the contact form on our website, such as your name, address, phone number, email address(es) and interests.
- Information we discuss over the phone relating to your holiday enquiry such as your name, address, phone number, email address(es) and interests.
- Information you provide us on the booking form when confirming a trip with us, or information you provide via email or phone conversations relating to your holiday with us. For details of all travelers, this may include full names, date of birth, nationality, dietary requirements, medical requests, insurance details and occasionally passport information when necessary.
- Records of financial transactions you carry out on our site such as deposit authorizations or balance payments.
- We may also ask you to complete feedback forms after your trip, which are voluntary.
- When you visit our website, we collect information about your visit using cookies. We do this to help us improve our website, to troubleshoot issues, and to better improve our service to you as we strive to give you a tailored and trouble-free website experience.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect your details so that we can contact you to discuss your trip enquiry: to help give you advice, to plan and get the perfect holiday.
If you choose to book a trip through us, we need to collect further information from you – like your dietary requests – in order to fulfil our contract with you and confirm all the arrangements with the various suppliers.
We collect some information on your use of our website to help us to tailor what we offer to you, and to better understand how users use our website so that we can improve it in the future.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use the information we have collected about you in the following ways:
To respond to an enquiry that you have made.
- If you book a holiday with us, we will use the information about you to fulfil our contact with you and confirm your trip. This may involve passing your details to various suppliers. This includes airlines, accommodation suppliers, transfer suppliers, car-hire suppliers, and suppliers for various excursions.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you ask us to (such as providing you with a quotation or further information), or which we feel may be of interest to you. We’ll only contact you by electronic means (email) with information which we think will interest you based upon your previous holidays with us / enquiries.
- In very exceptional circumstances The Black Sheep Agency may be required to cooperate with legal authorities. We may be required to disclose personally identifiable information in response to requests from law enforcement authorities. We would, of course, only provide the information required.
- We will not pass your data to any third-party companies.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.